YOUR PRIVACY IS IMPORTANT
Your privacy is important to us and Oye Bombay Restaurant (Oye Bombay) is dedicated to protecting your personal information across all areas of its business. Personal information is information or an opinion about you.
It also contains information about how you can access the personal information Oye Bombay holds about you, how you can ask Oye Bombay to correct your personal information and how you can make a complaint if you have concerns about how Oye Bombay managed your personal information.
You can find more information by contacting Oye Bombay (please refer to the “How to Contact Oye Bombay” section of this policy).
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Oye Bombay collects your personal information so that we can perform our functions or activities and offer our services to you. Oye Bombay functions, activities and services are many and varied and include the restaurant and bar, marketing, financial transactions, complaint handling, recruitment and security and surveillance.
Personal information includes things such as your name, image, date of birth, phone number(s), postal address and email address. The type of personal information we collect from you depends on your interaction with us.
Depending on the transaction, if Oye Bombay does not collect your personal information, we may not be able to provide you an offer or service.
Collection from you
It is Oye Bombay usual practice to collect your personal information directly from you. For example, you provide us your personal information when you dine in, write to us, join a mailing list or make a restaurant reservation.
Collection from public sources or third parties
Where relevant, Oye Bombay will collect personal information about you from a publicly available source (such as other websites) or from third parties, for example – Oye Bombay related entities.
Collecting information required by law
Oye Bombay also collects your personal information where we are required or authorised to do so by an Australian law or court or tribunal order.
USING AND DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use and disclose your personal information that we collect for a number of different purposes, including:
• to identify and contact you and manage our relationship with you;
• to tell you about things at Oye Bombay that you may be interested in;
• to manage and administer our services to you;
• to conduct and improve our businesses and improve the customer experience;
• to maintain security and safety in our venues;
• to prevent or investigate any actual or suspected misconduct, fraud or unlawful activity;
• to consider any concerns or complaints you may raise against Oye Bombay;
• to comply with our legal obligations as required by relevant laws, regulations and codes of practice.
Disclosing your personal information
We understand how important it is to keep your personal information private. We will use and disclose your personal information for the purposes we collected it as well as purposes that are related, where you would reasonably expect us to. We will also disclose your personal information when:
• you agree to the disclosure; or
• the disclosure is required or authorised by law.
Where applicable Oye Bombay will use your personal information to contact you via mail, SMS, email, telephone or online to tell you about news, special offers, products and services that you might be interested in. We do this where you have consented to receiving such information or it is related to the purpose for which we collected your personal information. You can contact us to update your marketing preferences at any time.
Oye Bombay venues are subject to CCTV surveillance to maintain security and safety in our venues at all times. Details of suspected or actual illegal or improper conduct may be shared with the Victorian law enforcement bodies.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Oye Bombay takes steps to protect the personal information it holds against loss, interference, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure and against other misuse.
Your personal information is held on Oye Bombay premises and systems or offsite using trusted third party providers. Our employees and service providers are required to maintain the confidentiality of any personal information held by Oye Bombay.
Our security safeguards include:
• staff training on their obligations with regard to your information;
• ensuring appropriate data handling and security arrangements are in place when we use third parties to handle or store data;
• system security such as encryption, firewalls and intrusion detection systems and surveillance;
• complex security such as CCTV surveillance and our security and surveillance staff; and
• destroying personal information when no longer required.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Subject to some exemptions, you may ask Oye Bombay to provide you access to the personal information that we hold about you. To do so, please attend Oye Bombay with photo identification and complete Oye Bombay request for personal information form.
Once Oye Bombay has collected your personal information it will provide you a copy of it in person at Oye Bombay subject to verifying your identity.
A copy of your information will generally be made available to you within 30 days unless we are not required to give you access to your personal information pursuant to an exception in the Privacy Act.
Where applicable, we will inform you in advance of any fees for Oye Bombay to find the information you have requested.
If you find that your personal information is inaccurate or out-of-date, please let us know. For further information about how to request access or changes to the information Oye Bombay holds about you or to update your marketing preferences or unsubscribe please contact us (please refer to the “How to Contact Oye Bombay” section of this policy).
WEBSITES, DEVICES AND COOKIES
Where applicable, Oye Bombay will also collect the following information from you:
• the fully qualified domain name from which you accessed our websites, or alternatively, your IP address;
• the web browser that you are using and the pages you accessed;
• device ID number (MAC address);
• the date and time you accessed each page on our websites;
• the URL of any webpage from which you accessed our websites or by using the complex Wi-Fi, and the details of any mobile Apps you have accessed from a device using the complex Wi-Fi;
• publicly accessible social media posts and any personal information you allow us to collect by linking your account on our website with a third-party social-networking site including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, or Google+; and
• cookies which track your visits to the our web sites (see below).
Where applicable, we are collecting this information (and may use or hold this information) to provide, improve and develop our services to you and the customer experience.
Oye Bombay may use this anonymised data to inform our promotional and marketing strategies, as well as for research and profiling purposes including customer demographics, interests and behaviours based on personal information and other information provided to us. This research may be compiled and analysed on an aggregate basis, and we may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents and business partners. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may also disclose aggregated information in order to describe our services to current and prospective business partners, and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
MAKING A PRIVACY COMPLAINT
Oye Bombay takes its obligations pursuant to the Privacy Act (the Act) seriously. Individuals may complain about a breach of the Act by Oye Bombay by submitting their complaint in writing (using the address in the “How to Contact Oye Bombay” section of this policy).
Any complaint should set out in as much detail as possible, all the relevant particulars relating to the complaint, including why the individual says that Oye Bombay has breached the Act.
Upon receiving a written complaint, Oye Bombay will acknowledge receipt of the complaint in writing. Oye Bombay will investigate the matters described in the complaint and then provide a substantive written response within 90 days from the date the written complaint was received by Oye Bombay
HOW TO CONTACT OYE BOMBAY
Telephone: +61 3 9315 9655
Oye Bombay Restaurant
23 Harrington Square
Altona VIC 3018